help me

What kind of lighting do you have on your tank versus what kind of lighting was the coral in before you bought it? My guess is it is bleaching due to incresed lighting without having a chance to adjust. You could try placing it low in the tank and see if that helps.

What kind of hard coral did you get?I was digging though your earlier posts and found this i have a big problem with my tank. i have a 125 gal. tank but some of my corals are dieing but don't know why. i been checking every thing but every thing is fine .it all when a fish died is this why my corals are dieing post.
Is the calcium still at 600?Also I could not find any specs on your lighting.If it is not the right amount the coral might be suffering from lack of light to.Also do you use tap or RO water for changes?

I would recommend soft corals for starting out.

Stonies are alot more sensitive and less forgiving.... stick to the softies for now.

You need to buy some patients now and do not add anything else to your system until you resolve all of your water parameters and are able to keep what you have alive. sometimes the corals will recover from bleaching, you will just have to wait. check out the helpful articles and you will find a article or two on coral acclimation. bleaching can be caused by environment stress, water parameters, lighting, etc. what type of coral are we talking about here. also is it correct to assume your system is but 6 months old? system is not yet matured enough to handle much of a bio load so read the articles and you will find a lot of information to help you with your project. long term success is based on the hobbist understanding the principles of the difficulty that is at hand. if you do not you need to read or get the information you need to understand how to deal with or prevent the problem. just doing something because others do it is a recipe for long term difficulties. good luck and keep reading the helpful articles. all your questions will be addressed there at some level. temperature can cause bleaching also. so if you take the coral out of the bag and plop it in your system with too great of a temperature difference you could experiance coral bleaching. also you want to make sure no air has been traped under the coral. good luck with your project.

Back