Help Me!!

dragonet123

Reefing newb
Hi! I was wondering, why did my two bangaii cardinalfish die? I had them for about three weeks and they were eating well. My ammonia was at zero, same with nitrates and nitrites. Salinity is at a constant 1.023. Though they did die after a water change..... So please help me!! Why did they die!!??

I used dechlorinated tap water, but I always have used this type of water, for about the past month. My parameters are 0 after the fish died also.

Their may have been something in the water that the clarifing agent u used did not nutrilize. Such as traces of anti- freezing agent espcially this winter ! Floride is another big one. U can get a list of what exactly is in your water from the towns water dept. Ive used conditioned tap water before. It killed an anemone and some coral polyps I had. About two yrs ago. If they were captive bred cardinals I'm going to say I bet it was the town water.

My town recently started adding chloramine to the water. Any chance that happened in your area?

Last edited:
. What kind of salt mix did u use? And was the water temps the same? Did u use the drip in method? There lots of factors on why they may have died. May even been beer or tea in the water! ;)

Last edited:
Back