help needed quick!

greg1186

Reefing newb
so i just posted in fish forum that my clown was picking on anem? now the anem look like it turned itself inside out and the stomach/mouth was coming out now it looks like its totally disconnecting its insides and the clown is eating it? it looks like a wierd whitish pinkish mass.. heres pics. should i take him out? i dont want my tank to be nuked.. ya now.. what ever it was coming out of him totally disconnected and is floating.. clown is picking at it.. whats going on!!?

IMG_20110123_192217.jpg

IMG_20110123_192205.jpg

ok hold on... i THINK what my anemone just regurgitated was an exoskeleton of my blue leg hermit that i THOUGHT died yesterday... i saw his shell and what i thought was him right outside it... i took the dead him and tossed i thought i saw something inside the shell so i thought maybe he just molted... so i put the shell down on the sand bed... now when i came home from the mall the shell was upside down with the opening up... so maybe he crawled out and sacrificed himself to the anem... im so confused... the nem is still shriveled.. someone help me please

well hopefully someone else can help.... anyone?

so.. after doing some detective work... i am 99.9999% sure that what came out of my anem mouth was the exoskeleton of the blue hermit, i could even see where the purple little hairs were on his legs on the exoskeleton.. now question: do nems regurgitate stuff cause they dont like it... or cause they got all the nutrition out and just getting rid of what they cant digest... im still wondering how the heck the hermit and why crawled out of his shell and walked into the anems mouth.

after pooping or regurgitating do anems stay shriveled for awhile? he looks exhausted after spitting that thing out.

gosh, i still ahve tons of questions.. anyone wanna answer them if they could that would be awesome..

1. what the heck was my hermit doing out of his shell?
2. how long does it take for anem to re inflate after pooping or regurgitating?
3. did he get nutrition out of the hermit or no? he just spit out an exoskeleton
4. since my anem still has tons of color.. the zoo whatever in him... that means hes still healthy right?

Back