help needed to paste picture

You need to host your pics at Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and then it will give you a

Looks like you have cyno-bacteria growing over hair algae.No matter what it is,you've got something out of whack.
Can you post your perimeters?

Its like a cyno/hair/turf algae mix.

Check phosphate and nitrate
Increase water changes with RO/DI water.
Decrease the amount of food fed.
Degrease lighting period for now.

You can try a variety of snails but I doubt they will do anything to the red stuff.

parameters:
PH 8.2
nitrate 2.5ppm
nitrite 0ppm
amonia 0.15ppm
cal 700ppm(too high and can't get it down, maybe my test kit is old)
phos ???(don't have kit for it)
S.G 1.0245
ALK 3.5(meq/L)
KH 10
temp 26C

lights is on for 10-12 hours
I'm using RO water
Feeding very littel

Cut back to 4 to 6 hours of light.
Start doing a couple of 20 to 30% water changes a week.
Get yourself a phosphate test kit and use it.
And get more hermits,snails,and if you can find one,a sea hare.
And above all,have a lot of patience.

I cleaned my glass two days ago and todyay it is greener than ever before.Can it be due to the 2 MH that i added, because before that it took 6 days to become green.
And how can i kleen my gravel , i always had 1 goby to kleen it but they die in 5 weeks.what kan i use other than the blue check goby or the daimond goby?

And in the first 5 months of my tanks live i added some hermit's plus some different sizes of shells,but they slowly died out.Why is that?

Its possible that the MH increase the algae.You are always going to need lighting.Personally,nutrient plays a bigger factor in algae blooms.

Gold-Headed Sleeper Goby also sifts the sand.Nassarius snails are good to for keeping the sand bed clean.You seem to be having a hard time keeping things alive.I would work on fixing that problem before adding more fish.

Your hermits could of died from anything....starvation or bad water quality is my only guest.

I have no idea as to why you have trouble keeping hermits.Your perimeters look ok.
But your algae is being caused by the new lights.Any time you up grade your lights like that,your going to have an algae bloom unless you slowly work up the length of time the new lights are running.

In S.A the shops haven't got alot of snails how does the snail look like?What else can i use to keep sandClean.All of my other fishes is still living it is only the damn gobies that pass away every now and then!
This MH increases my temp alot!!

I'm guessing it's your water quality also. If you can't keep animals alive and you have that much algae, you might have some bad test kits that are giving you wrong readings. You also need to do more frequent water changes. In one of your other posts, you said you hadn't done a water change in 5 or 6 weeks. Switch to weekly water changes of 10 to 20% of the volume of your tank. And keep it up.

o.k i'll prepare some water tom and do a 20% water change on sat.
I'm going to work hard on my tank!! i'll pate a picure here on sat of my lovely algae tank and see if it improves over the next few weeks. If i look at all of your thank pic's myne looks like a damn green and red pond.
You haven't even got algae on your live rock that's damn nice!!!

Back