Help on coral selection

jrose40

Reefing newb
I have a nano 14g reef tank build and want some ideas on what type of coral to get. I have a single feather duster now but am ready to add corals. The lighting I have is what comes with the Oceanic Nano 14g. One question I do have is will Zoas be ok or will they over take too much area?

Assuming that you have Power Compact bulbs, any soft coral would be okay. Zoas, MushroomsKenya Tree, Colt Coral, ETC. A lot of LPS would be okay as well, such as Candy Canes, Duncans and Torches.

Picked up some mushrooms today in Key Largo will have picks up later..Wow they had some awesome stuff at the LFS next trip I will take picks of there tanks.

Got my new mushrooms in my tank, I put one in the upper water column and one in the lower to see where they liked it better. Seems both are doing great, ignore the specks by the clown as they are only reflections from my Christmas tree LOL. Yes my fiance puts the tree up early:)

DSCN1818.jpg

A few questions about the mushrooms, why do they constrict close. They stay open most of the time but right now one of them is totally constricted close once I turned off the lights and turned on the led's. Also as far as R/O water goes distilled water is good right? I am trying to get rid of this green algae stuff. Its not hairy or anything but I just dont like the looks of it, I hear Coraline can sometimes be green so IDK.. Any advice would be great
thanks

Back