Help wit my sump?

siejack8484

Reefing newb
I have a 20g sump for my 75g tank. I canot get the intake to keep up wit the return pump. I. Have a 300gph overflow box n a return pump rated for 700gph I think. There is 1 inch plumbing for the intake and I can't get the water to drain fast enough that's why I went wit 1 inch tubing cuz I thought it would drain faster but guess I was wrong. How can I fix this? Add another overflow the same size? Or add smalller plumbin for the intake?:frustrat:

+1, you won't be able to get it to flow anymore water through unless you pull the overflow off and either drill a larger bulkhead into it or drill a second bulkhead.

You could also install a pvc "T" on the return hose. One hose or pipe up to the display tank, and the other hose back into the sump. +1 on the ball valves. I have ball valves on all drains & returns.

I have a ball valve on the return n it still don't work. The intake tube never. Fills up the water kind of jus trickles into the sump idk why. I have 1 inch tubing so I thought it would drain the max. Any thoughts why this would happen?

i use airline tube to suck out all the air to get the siphone started but all it does is trickle down the tube. im runnin out of options n idk how to fix it n its frusterating!
i appreciate the help though

Back