Help with ID

prthd

Reefing newb
can someone please tell me what this is

Attachments

• what.jpg
    what.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 225
i asked the guy at the LPS he didnt know but thought they were cool. said he would mind having some for his tank

i asked the guy at the LPS he didnt know but thought they were cool. said he would mind having some for his tank

What?!?! Those are huge pests. Due to a massive majano infestation that killed nearly everything in my tank (they sting things they touch and spread like crazy), I ended up having to boil 500 lbs of rock on the stove. Your LFS is crazy!

i boiled one rock cause of it. the other rock in the photo is prob 20 lbs. i got it set aside by itself and i have been rotating it every few days taking the shrooms off of it and putting them on another rock so i can remove this rock and deal with the issue.

If an LFS employee doesn't know what a majano is, I would never deal specifically with him again....because he knows nothing. Majano's are such a common pest that you should know what they are in your second week of reefing.

Back