Help with octopus skimmer?

Veilside0Three

Reefing newb
I got everything all set up and flowing. My problem is that the air intake tube is not sucking air. Will it pick up later, or is something not right?

This is the octopus HOB 800s

not sure about hang on models but ive read were some skimmer owners had to blow into air line to get it started than it ran fine.

Okay I fixed thy problem but now it's getting so much flow it is filling up the cup with bubbles, turning into water and filling up the cup in minutes with fresh looking water... Nothing comes with it to adjust air flow..

raise your skimmer cup up by moving rubber o ring down until bubbles barely reach top of tube before they fall into cup, and don't use chlorine removers cause they will cause skimmers to go bezerk

do you use drops for water conditioner or chlorine remover, that will do it. use ro/di water, or distilled water from walmart or buy ro water from pet store. This is very important investment for anyone in this hobby especially if you keeping inverts and corals.

do you use drops for water conditioner or chlorine remover, that will do it. use ro/di water, or distilled water from walmart or buy ro water from pet store. This is very important investment for anyone in this hobby especially if you keeping inverts and corals.
The only twothings in the tank are melafix and water clarifier. Would either of these do it?

no reason for additives unless you have tons of sps and need to supplement for calcium and alkalinity, otherwise regular monthly water changes will replinish all trace elements needed if you not using ro water or distilled that tap water with conditioner to remove chlorine will make skimmer go nuts and tap water has alot of phosphates which will help in algae outbreak. Live rock and live sand and protein skimmer will keep water nice and clean even if tank is new give it time to mature cause you shouldn't need melafix or water clarifier you have a good skimmer there to keep tank clean if it keeps overskimming you will lose salinity and if you don't keep that stable it can cause some problems.

what fish do you have and do you plan on keeping inverts and corals

my tank consists of:

Volitan lion
Yellow headed sleeper goby
Scooter blenny
Mandarin goby
Firefish goby
Big clean up crew

I'm not sure about corals, I'd like to but well see when I get all of my rock.

How can I get this skimmer on asap?

and puffer are not reefsafe either, puffers and lionfish will eat clean up crew, lionfish will make a meal out of almost anything.

Back