Help..

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
Edit: Mods, would you please move this to the right section. Thanks.

While cleaning my return pump I managed to break the impeller shaft. No one in town has a replacement. The quickest I can get a new impeller will probably be in 5 to 7 days.

My dilema is, is that I might be skimmerless for those days. My tank is a 55 gallon with 10 small frags/colonies of sps. I run a fairly low-nutrient tank, and my water is clean. I have a small fish load, 1 clown, sixline, and a watchmen goby.

If I were to put my heater in the display and keep my 2 koralis on, would I be ok?

Thanks.

Last edited:
you should be ok.

if all else fails just get a new pump. the last time my impeller broke i just bought a new pump since the impeller was 30 and a new pump was only 70.

you should be ok.

if all else fails just get a new pump. the last time my impeller broke i just bought a new pump since the impeller was 30 and a new pump was only 70.

That's what I am going to do. The impeller for the eheim is 40 (excluding the shaft, which I need) the shaft is extra.

The brand new pump is 85

I think what I am going to do is use a maxi 1200 and place it in my sump with a vinyl hose that leads up to the display tank. I will use this as a return pump.

So you're sumpless and skimmerless for a week?

I wouldn't worry about it. Use the koralia pumps in the tank for water movement and put another pump in the sump to keep it alive...... don't want that water sitting and getting stagnant for a week.

You'll be fine without a skimmer for a week.

After this problem is fixed you might want to think about having a bachup pump on hand . i bought one when they were on sale and it has saved me twice so far and allowed me to have alot less sleepless nights.

Back