Help!!!

Usual questions, of course, params ok? How're the other fish/corals? Anything new added? Has he been eating before this? Think anyone's pickin' on him?

there is only a clown in there with him. i have not seen him eat since i got him last week. coral looks fine. i was just putting in some LR and saw him start to float to the top. i havent checked the parameters since last weekendwhen i did a 5 gal water change.

temp 79.5
s.g. 1.0245

So he hasn't eaten...did you see him eat at the LFS? Maybe try soaking the food in garlic? If he hasn't eaten with you, he might be starving by now.

Did you soak in garlic?

I just remembered it was you who said your clown was hosting your foxface. Maybe he got pissed lol

my clown wasnt eatin when i put in the foxface. could they both be sick. they are not showing any signs or symptoms besides not eating

Well, if it's ich, by the time they shows the signs -- the white spots-- it's pretty much in the later stages. But I don't know. Did you copper treat either of them?

no, i couldnt even tell anything was wrong. i just thought it was being shy since i got it. now its gone..... poor thing. my coral is spreading otherwise i would say it is the water. but i have no idea. should i ditch the clown and start over?

Awwwww....sorry to hear :( Sometimes, thing just happen, unfortunately. I wouldn't ditch the clown. But you said he's not eating either? Was he eating before? Check for ammonia, nitrite, nitrates. I'd have your lfs test your water too, just to be on the safe side. I really don't know what else could've caused it, but it would seem it was the foxface.

thats what im thinking. i put an urchin in with it and it is motoring all over the tank and collecting shells. ill get my lfs to check my levels. maybe my test kit is bad

Do Urchins get ich? I'm not sure. Maybe someone else would know. Really terrible about the foxface, though. I love those fish.

sorry to hear it man. I been looking at getting a foxface. It really sounds like he just didn't handle the stress of being moved. Eating is a big part. Thats why everyone says make sure they are eating before you buy. Doesn't mean they will continue eating after they are bought and moved again.

the clown never did eat and now its gone. i guess its time to start over. can ick be past through the water or just from fish to fish? how do i know the water is safe for a new fish

If that was your only fish, then you need to wait at least 8 weeks before introducing any new fish. That's how long the parasite can live without a fish host.

Back