Help!!!!!!

Paligues

Reefing newb
Hey guys, sorry to bug, but I need an ID asap. i just bought two clowns at my LFS and i came home after two days of being away to this thing! Hopefully someone can get back to me soon because I don't have a clue what it is!

IMG_5748.jpg

IMG_5750.jpg

Last edited:
Hey what ever you do dont take it out of there, I really want to know what comes out of it. :rofl::rofl::rofl::shock:

Okay in all seriousness could it be a new sponge???

So, I'm pretty sure that PRC was right. When I left to go to work last night (midnights, got to love em) it was there. I come home this morning, 10 hours later and presto, its gone. Completely. Talk about weird....

This may sound really gross...but when I saw that it reminded me of what happens if a fish dies and is left in a tank for too long (happens mostly in freshwater tanks where there are minimal cuc). Because your rocks look so new I am wondering if you had a hitchhiker die and then sort of just rot and get the mouldy barrier around it?

Once it hits that phase it usually means its pretty rotten and maybe it may have blown away in the current?

Jenna

This may sound really gross...but when I saw that it reminded me of what happens if a fish dies and is left in a tank for too long (happens mostly in freshwater tanks where there are minimal cuc). Because your rocks look so new I am wondering if you had a hitchhiker die and then sort of just rot and get the mouldy barrier around it?

Once it hits that phase it usually means its pretty rotten and maybe it may have blown away in the current?

Jenna

It does kind of look like that... but I think it's a little more fuzzy than the picture is... Still. Super weird.

Back