help

kilo

Reefing newb
i have a rock with 3 corals, 2 orange mushroom and a ricordea.. the orange mushrooms seems to be shrinking, some times they open but they are smaller more frequently than larger? the ricordea looks fine but im worried about the mushrooms, should i be?

Pics would help. Mushrooms are extremely hardy. I had a bunch on a rock under a 9watt flourescent light for a year (they were hitchhikers that ended up in my 10g fowlr).

Post your parameters and lighting, other inhabitants. Maybe some of your cuc is occassionally picking the rocks around them, making them shrink. I have a crab that is always around my mushrooms, making some of them shrivel up until he leaves.

Plus if you recently upgraded your lights they probably shrivelled up from the shock of stronger lights (mine did that, too LOL they went from a 10g 9 watt flourescent set up to a 125g t-5 setup.

ill post pics soon, i had a reg. florescent 24w for a few days, but then i upgraded to the T5 HO 24w dual white/blue.. i have some snails, a cleaner shrimp an emerald crab, he seems to be hanging around them alot, maybe thats it? its about 1 month from the start of the tank, when i first put it in it like puffed into a ball, then it was good for a few days, but now its shrinking. they are really big in the morning but when i get home from school they are small again...

Yeah it's possible that the inverts are irritating them. But as I said, mushrooms are extremely hardy. Unless they start turning white, I wouldn't worry too much. Just knock the inverts off them once in a while ;)

Back