HELP_missing goby!

tgditz

Reefing newb
I had a small rainford goby and he is missing! I have a sally lightfoot crab and a 3inch or so bristleworm-( I have been trying to get rid of). Could one of them killed and eaten it? No bones or remains.

I doubt if they killed him but it's possible the goby died and they did their job and disposed of the remains. But the goby could also be in hiding. I've had a firefish that I left for dead because he had been MIA for 3 weeks. One day, out he popped, skinny, but otherwise alive.

How are your parameters? Any other fish? how long have you had him.

Have had him for 3 weeks, has been eating etc, parameters in this tank are good other than ph a little low. I guess I will wait to see if he is just hiding! Thanks

I had a rainford goby two years ago he went carpet surfing...found him behind the tank next to the wall.

I have had fish and inverts that i put in my tank one day, and didn't see it again the next day. then three months later it shows up again. how big is your tank?

we have him in a 29 cube, have still had no sign of him, gotta figure out how to get the sally out of the tank, thanks!

Easy, do what I did:

https://www.livingreefs.com/do-keep-my-yasha-goby-alive-t45662p2.html

I picked up a glass spice bottle from the dollar store, stuck a piece of raw shrimp inside, tied fishing line around the top of the bottle, sunk it in tank, waited an hour until the crab was inside, reeled him on up, and pulled the snails off the raw shrimp and put them back in the tank.

-Captain Ron

The Sally Lightfoot crab is a predator. While its not common that it attacks and consumes healthy fish, it's certainly possible that it did.

got sally into refugium on 75 tank, moved a lot of stuff from 29 to 75 and no sign of little fish. Thanks for all suggestions!

Back