here is my 20gal tank

tra_w

Reefing newb
i have been adding a little at a time to it i hope one day it looks great.

Attachments

• SANY0061.jpg
    SANY0061.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 315
  • SANY0056.jpg
    SANY0056.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 345
yeah it is just slow i need to get more live rock i dont like the look of base rock. i plan to go to like petco and buy some zoas cause can get a large colony for like 35.00 the last ones i seen had clams on them even and some mushrooms mixed in thats how i want to get my rock is by buying it with corals on it

Just get the regular dry rock, within weeks it will become live and look like the rest of your rock as the established rock will "seed" it.

Also check Craigslist, I have gotten many pieces of coral from people on there at very reasonable prices.

yeah it is just slow i need to get more live rock i dont like the look of base rock. i plan to go to like petco and buy some zoas cause can get a large colony for like 35.00 the last ones i seen had clams on them even and some mushrooms mixed in thats how i want to get my rock is by buying it with corals on it

yeah i have looked at the dry but when i go to buy it the fs is out so i buy live at almost 9.00 a pound. i get little frags there for like 5 bucks as well. as for craigslist in my area it dont help cause i live in a small country town the closest lfs is around an hour away so i just get what i can when i can

9.00 a pound is wayyyy over priced man. dont waste your money on that. order some dry rock online. plenty of sites out there with way better prices. and if you must buy liverock, look for hobbyist in your area breaking down their tanks can get it for roughly $2 a pound average. you will want to save all the money you can as you will learn in time with this hobby, its always about the next colorful rare coral or next best upgrade.

well i would order online but that is not something i can aford cause they always want you to order so much at a time and then shipping cost i am a poor peoples that can only get my one or 2 pouds at a time so. for me 9.00 is my better deal also my fish guy tries to make me deals on things. like he will try get me rock with corals already on it and only charge for the rock itself. i just do what i can.

Sounds like it'll look much nicer :). I enjoy when LFS are willing to work deals out with you haha. I made a deal with mine about my Yellow Tang, saying I'd raise it till it out-grew my tank then take it back and swap him for a new baby tang. He can sell bigger ones for more lol (And believe me, he does >_>). What type of lighting are you using for the corals?

10000k and antanics i got the rock free i also am gonna move up to a 100 gallon tank soon

Last edited:
well here it is now. it has around 50 pounds of rock all together.

Attachments

• SANY0090.jpg
    SANY0090.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 268
  • SANY0086.jpg
    SANY0086.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 296
well the banded shrimp is dead this sucks i guess i messed up on acclimation with him sad to spend thats much money and in under 24 hours it be dead but we live and learn

I grew up in North Little Rock and my parents and oldest sister are in Little Rock now, and my other sister is in Mountain Home, so I know what you mean about small towns...isn't there anything in Jonesboro?

Back