Here we go again.

PRC

Stop Quoting Me!
So I'm sitting here minding my own business. My tank needs to be topped off, so I start the RO/DI and start doing some work. A little while later I hear..What's that? Is that water? Oh shit.....

Go over to the tank, the water is flowing right over the edge of the tank..(lights are off in the tank).So I slow down the return pump...WTF? I can run my return pump full bore without any problem. Hmmmm.

So I cut it to half way, walk away.

A few minutes later, I hear the return pump yelling "FEEED ME!" I go back, the sump is almost completely dry. WTF?

Go over to my overflows and check them...Yep, they both still have siphon..

But just for shits and giggles, lets' just be sure....Pull em' off start the syphon again. That makes no difference.

Hmmm...

WTF if happening. This makes zero sense.

I look in the overflow box...there's my dumb ass wrasse. This little son of a bitch is blocking some of the syphon for the tank..

So I quickly untwist the overflow box, (he don't look so good). and turn it upside down and get him back in the tank.

I'm tired of these shenanigans with him. Little Terd.

My shrimp end up in my overflow all the time! And Sig the pipefish has gotten himself into quite a bit of overflow trouble as well! :grumble:

Is there anyway you can place a screen over the overflow to keep that from happening? That's how I have mine setup.

Is there anyway you can place a screen over the overflow to keep that from happening? That's how I have mine setup.

I have my overflow surrounded by several layers of that plastic garden mesh. Somehow, the critters manage to make their way through once in a while.

I just think that it's awfully rude that we go through all of this trouble to give our fish a nice comfortable home, try to decorate it, just like they like it, and the little bastard want to jump out.

Who are you to tell your fish what he likes? Maybe he would prefer a plush violet shag carpet to that drab white sandbed. Maybe he would prefer a red faux leather beanbag chair to that ugly pile of brown rocks. Maybe he would prefer a groovy neon green lava lamp to that plain jane blue and white MH/T5 combo you've got going on.

Who are you to tell your fish what he likes? Maybe he would prefer a plush violet shag carpet to that drab white sandbed. Maybe he would prefer a red faux leather beanbag chair to that ugly pile of brown rocks. Maybe he would prefer a groovy neon green lava lamp to that plain jane blue and white MH/T5 combo you've got going on.

You're absolutely right. What was I thinking. Next time he jumps into the overflow, or onto the floor, I'm just gonna let Darwin sort it out. :D

Even from the grave Darwin is still teaching mankind valuable lessons everyday.:D

Dang funny but scary too, still this is one reson why i havent switch toa algae skimmer or fuge.....jus scares me ima have a huge mechanical failure. Hope hes alright bro.

Well, I sent out the search party....can't seem to locate the little bastard.

I think he has gone the way of Luca Brasi.

5 minutes after I posted this I walked over by the tank...

He came swimming out.. His one side is beat up pretty good from being sucked into the overflow, but he looked to be swimming around without issue. This dumbass fish is gonna out live me.

that is one tough S.O.B.:D

Bwahahhah!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jktoisIXBzs]YouTube - The Crazy Nasty Ass Honey Badger (trimmed)[/ame]

Back