Hewwow!

keegee1012

Reefing newb
Hey all, I'm Kris, A novice marine fishkeeper. My dad bought be a marine tank with lots of fish, so I expected that the tank would be extremely crowded. -w- (That is, until I upgrade in a few weeks, since my Scopas tang is growing fast, and so are my butterflyfish)

My Halfblack Angel!
269952_1815724717659_1376328974_1527730_7258600_n.jpg

She's the one of the hardiest fish I kept. Her name is Angela. Along with her, I also have my "Teen" Scopas tang (Medium? Smaller than your average Yellow), A Tear Drop Butterfly, A Saddleback Butterfly and a Latticed butterfly ( The three are adapting well, since they are small juvi's. The Saddleback is Growing fast and I need to upgrade ASAP), a bicolor Angel (which is seperated since Angela kept on chasing it), 2 Yellowtail Damsels, A Black Neon Damsel, Three green chromis and a pink skunk clown. (All fish are living for 3 months now.)

The fish are doing well (Except for the damsels which continuously chase each other for territory), No signs of disease (Other than the overcrowdedness.) I change water like thrice a week (Understand the number of fish and how small a 20 gal is.)

I just really need help on how big my aquarium to upgrade... And yeah, nice to be here. :]

howdy and welcome to the site..:D
yeah upgrading should be done immediately and i would go in the area of a 150 to 180.. the butterflies need alot of room.. and when I upgraded I would really think about not moving the damsels to the new tank, they become really aggressive as they get older.

Hello and Welcome!

Please do something about the amount of fish you have in that tank and the fact most of them have no business being in a tank less than 90 gals. I dont mean to start this off on the wrong foot, but that is horrible cruel to have them in there. And 3 months is not a good time frame, these fish should be living 5+ years easily

Edit: I do realize you didnt put them all in there, but sometime needs to be done now for them, not when you might possibly upgrade, especially because you are going to need a huge tank for all those fish.

Last edited:
Everyone will happily give you great advice on how to go about upgrading. Glad you joined the site, lots of helpful, knowledgeable people here!

Welcome to the site -either upgrade yesterday, or look into re-homing some of those fish. I'm surprised you haven't had some all out aggression from some of those fish, considering how many of them you have in such a small place.

Like others have said, you'll be looking at a 150-180 for an upgrade, considerably more expensive than your current 20 gallon

Back