Hey guys I am back

Massey

Reefing newb
Hey guys, Well I am back kinda, I never really left I just have not been on in quite a while. I am in the process of moving across country and all my tanks are in transit. I am going to defidently set up the 90 gallon tank again (sry still not a salty tank I cant afford the equipment for it) But on the good side I am going to try and find the space to set up the 15 gallon tank as a salty tank. I am going to be using either a HOB filter or the cannister filter I used for the 30 Gallon tank. It will be a FOWLR tank. Now what I wanted to know will I have any problems uusing only the hood light if I am not going to have any corals or inverts. I plan on having 2 or 3 false perculas, a lawnmower blenny or a scooter blenny and I want another one of those cleaner shrimp. Not too many fishies for the tank.

Thanks
Massey

Good to see you again! You won't need special lights if you are going for a fish only tank. In a 15 gallon tank, plan for around 3 fish.

there is no problems with lighting if your doing fowlr. just whatever you want. the hood light will be fine, it just may not bring color out quite as good as more expensive lighting but itll do the trick

The 90 Gallon will be fresh water again and with schooling community fish just like it was before. I am going to be building a canopy and upgrading my filter. The canopy will match the stand (the one I built a few months ago). With the filter I built it with a 15g tank as the base but when power shuts off the filter gets pretty close to totally full and that makes me nervous. I am going to use a 20G tall with the same division plates so I have an extra 3 inches of insurance.

Massey

BTW the forums really changed alot since I was here last. I was not sure that I was even in the right place when I first logged in.

Massey

Back