Hey Ironman

ironman that's one awesome reef! :beerchug:

the strainers are exactly what I have on my bulkhead for the closed loop on my tank. it works great, but I'm not sure if there is something better. I have had no issues with it though.

hey fatman, I would be happy to send you some montis if you want to cover shipping. as for the overflows, I originally wanted a overflow built off the back of the tank. but it became an issue for other things so it is an internal overflow I just had centered in the back of the tank. as for bulkheads, I had the overflow drilled with 4 hole for draines. I plan on reusing my seaswirls as my sump returns. and the two large bulkheads in the back glass are for a closed loop. I am using a ocean motions to operate my closed loop. I will have two bulkheads in the bottom glass in each front corner,(which I was torn about but did it anyway) and am planning on using ocean motions ratcheting returns dropped from the canopy into the top of the tank, and maybe a few returns dropped behind the rockwork, Im kinda waiting to finalize the closed loop returns till I do my aquascaping and see where I need the most flow. Yes those are large strainers on the closed loop bulkheads. I wasnt really sure what to use to keep debris out of the system as the oceanmotions are sensative to debris. you know of anything better? Im open for advice on anything with this new tank, I like input from experience.
Sounds great. I have never used ocean motion heads, but it seems a lot of people are using them. I would like to try out Penductors but they are big and obtrusive. I use just Loc-Line threaded adapters and swivel nozzles for returns. Eight to 10 returns in a 120 gallon tank for SPS. About 5700 to 6000 gph flow. I had glass-holes make me some strainer boxs for inlets to my closed loops, but they were $50 each including shipping. They are fused to the bulkheads and have a removalable top panel for cleaning. I had them made 6 inches square and two inches deep. Am running a 2600 gallon sequence through one and a large Iwaki through the other. I have a 6 inch by 18 inch horizontal internal overflow box on the backwall drained by two 2 inck bulkheads. Over sized and redundancy. Have fun with that tank build. I find the tank builds more fun than the tank stocking.

Back