Hi Everybody!

HipHopOpotamus

Reefing newb
My name is Jai and I am new to this forum. I work at a pet store in California and specialize in reptiles. I have some experience with saltwater tanks, but not too much. I recently purchased a 10 gallon aquarium with a skimmer, heater, and filter for 50$ from a co-worker. although he has agreed to assist me in my new tank experience (he has 20+ years of experience), I would like some tips from you guys as well. I am planning to do a FOWLR. I know for sure I am getting a clown fish but I would also like one more. If you guys have any suggestions on which other fish would be best, please let me know. I will be starting the cycle tomorrow, but will post pics when fully set up.

Hello and welcome! It's cool that you have someone to help you along. In a 10 gallon tank, you are limited to 1 to 2 small fish. A pair of clowns would be great, as would a clown and a small goby. Check those guys out.

Hello and welcome! It's cool that you have someone to help you along. In a 10 gallon tank, you are limited to 1 to 2 small fish. A pair of clowns would be great, as would a clown and a small goby. Check those guys out.
wouldnt a pair of clowns be very cramped in a 10 gallon

wouldnt a pair of clowns be very cramped in a 10 gallon

Maybe you could start out with some baby clowns and neon gobies. Then as they grow, you could up size and grow too. Dustin is right, a pair of full sized clowns will be a bit cramped and not recommended for the well being of your fish IMO.:idea:

Back