hi everyone :D

jonsbabykake

Reefing newb
just joined today :P i have had my current aquarium on and off since 2005 so i know just a little bit, but i like to set out and learn all i can about any kind of pets i keep and ive taken a long time to try and properly learn about my fishies. this is usually my husbands things but hes been working so much lately i figured i would give it a go and take over.

we have a 29g glass aquarium, an overflow filter, protein skimmer and a water jet appropriate for the size of the tank. also there is a light half hood with 2 t8 or t5 lights (i dont actually remember that bit) but one is white and the other is fluorescent. 30+lbs of live rock and 1.5 inches of live sand.

stock is a clownfish, a green chromie, bengai fish (sp?) a banded pipefish, spotted maderin, 2 red leg hermits, a tiger cowrie, turbo snail, 2 other little snails dunno the species, emerald crab....for coral i have a long tentacle plate coral, 1 zoanthid rock with green and orange polyps, giant tube worm, a finger leather i believe, and a mushroom rock.

not sure what else to add so there ya go :P

oops i didnt notice the photo request the first time. ill get to it mid day today..mind u tho, im having an algae problem and my few corals i have are suffering/dying...its embarrassing but i am here to learn after all. :)

ok there are too many photos to post soo im linking the album instead. please read the description on the photos for more info.

http://s1130.photobucket.com/albums/m532/jonsbabykake/Fish%20Tank/

my parameters are as follows:

salinity: 1.025
phosphates: 0.25ppm
nitrates: 5ppm
KH: 12 degree dKH
pH: 8.0
calcium: 460ppm
temp: 78.3 F

usually my phosphates and nitrates are at 0.. this is the first time being above 0.

also, my test kit doesnt come with an ammonia test, i will buy one friday.

Last edited:
I just lost my plate coral too. It looked just like that. I left it in for a couole days but it started to grow moldy so I pulled it out and boy did it stink. It sucked really bad.

mine doesnt look moldy right now lol just naked, but if it does end up like that i will chuck it. i couldnt get the thing to eat. everytime i would give it something it would grip onto it and then just let it go. i would have to sit there with my arm in the tank for half an hour if it got its way. my husband was not a fan of it because it reminded him of an anenome, but i thought it gave some pop to the tank when it was all tenticley

Back