Hi from Rhode Island

Retroguy

Reefing newb
IMG_3151.JPG
Im new to the forum and want to introduce myself, I have a bit of experience with freshwater but want to "get my feet wet"in salt water. Probably an old pun to you guys but I kind of feel I just made it up so don't burst my bubble. I am joining the forum because I have a feeling I am going to need help.
I also am interested in seeing your setups, I'm 54 and work as a therapist, mostly children, I have a small Fluval in my office with one betta fish. The children love it but I want a setup at home. I have had up to a 50 gallon tank in my previous home. My wife and I have downsized to a little cottage like house by the bay and I have this obsession of putting a small salt/reef aquarium built in part of the cabinet. Again , no experience but I can follow directions well. I guess you will tell me if It's even a possibility. the cabinet opening is 15 inches wide, I have plenty of height. SO my general question, can a reef aquarium sustain fish in that soze constraints and if so do you any aquariums that fit that width? I have plent of ways to get electrical back there. Any thoughts?

Welcome to the forum, and Happy New Year! :)

Are you thinking of putting the tank where those shelves currently are?

View attachment 24688 Im new to the forum and want to introduce myself, I have a bit of experience with freshwater but want to "get my feet wet"in salt water. Probably an old pun to you guys but I kind of feel I just made it up so don't burst my bubble. I am joining the forum because I have a feeling I am going to need help.
I also am interested in seeing your setups, I'm 54 and work as a therapist, mostly children, I have a small Fluval in my office with one betta fish. The children love it but I want a setup at home. I have had up to a 50 gallon tank in my previous home. My wife and I have downsized to a little cottage like house by the bay and I have this obsession of putting a small salt/reef aquarium built in part of the cabinet. Again , no experience but I can follow directions well. I guess you will tell me if It's even a possibility. the cabinet opening is 15 inches wide, I have plenty of height. SO my general question, can a reef aquarium sustain fish in that soze constraints and if so do you any aquariums that fit that width? I have plent of ways to get electrical back there. Any thoughts?

Hi Retroguy,

Welcome to the forum :)
I hope you find a lot of useful information here!

Have you chose the fish to your salt water tank?
Is the aquarium life popular on Rhode Island?

Zhenya

Back