Hi there

Millie22

Reefing newb
Hi all, I'm Millie. I am not new to freshwater aquariums. I enjoy fish keeping immensely. I have decided however,that I would like to give saltwater fish keeping a try. I have not before because I was always told something along the lines of "oh no! Beware the saltwater aquarium! It is a daunting, nigh impossible task! BEWARE!!"

Actually, I'm in the middle of a book and have read several beginner FAQs written by people with years of saltwater experience and have decided that they aren't much more work that what I would do with a larger freshwater. At least in some respects. I am willing to put in the effort to have a nice saltwater aquarium.

In the meantime, though, I thought I would get to know some saltwater fish people and find out everything I could before I made my first attempt.

Welcome to the site Millie!

Feel free to ask any question you might have.Saltwater and reef aquaria isn't so daunting anymore.BTW,are you going reef set up or a FOWLR(fish only with live rock)?

Hey Millie welcome to the reef. Its a great place to be, Im also a freshwater to saltwater convert to be.

Welcome to the reef.
Just so you know,your about to get involved in THE most addictive hobby known to man.

Welcome to the reef.
Just so you know,your about to get involved in THE most addictive hobby known to man.

HES RIGHT if they made patches or chewing gum for coral addictions I buy it!
but welcome millie.
Youll find every one to be very friendly and helpful. And dont be scared to ask alot of questions.

Mark

Hi and welcome! While you're on here, check out the "Helpful Articles" section up at the top, and feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Hey Millie, I think right off the bat you will notice that the biggest difference between freshwater and saltwater is the expenses. I didn't even have a clue how much live rock and live sand would cost. Expensive lights and protein skimmers oh my! It is well worth the expense in my opinion though. Just wish I had more time to just sit in front of the tank.

Thanks to everyone who replied. I feel very welcome. To answer the question posed to me, I plan on a Fish only/live rock to start off with.

Back