Hi

lisamarie806

Reefing newb
Hello Im excited to get started in the salt water fish. I have had fish tanks for over ten years now. I love my tanks. I was always afraid to start a salt tank. I thought there is so much to learn, I have been reading as much as I can now for a few months and Im still not understanding everything. I have to travel an hour to the near fish shop so asking questions in not an option for me at the fish shop. I have to read and hunt for information I need. I hope I can ask a few questions and hopefully find some great advice.

Hi Lisamarie

Welcome to the site, you've come to the right place. Ask away, the guys on here will help you every step of the way, hope you enjoy it! :D

Thanks for all the hello`s. I will get some photos out as soon as I can. I just started the tank....about 4 weeks now....not much to see in it now.
I want to go reef, my tank is 75gal. how many watts of light do I need for my tank,or what kind of light would you say I should get. I was looking at a Nova ext. pro6/54w,T5Ho 10k 48in. If Im going corals later on, will this be enough light or can i go with somethin a little less expensive? PLEASE HELPPPPPP!
Thanks

Welcome to the site.
Those lights those Novas will do a great job for you.You'll be able to keep anything you want under them.

Hi and welcome! A 75 gallon tank is a great size for a starter tank. Big enough to hold most animals you want and keep your water quality up, but small enough to be manageable and not too costly.

The lights you mentioned would be fine for your tank. You could keep all sorts of corals under them.

Back