Hiker's 75g Upgrade

Hiker4twenty

Reef enthusiast
I finally got the 75g and set it all up last night. It only took me 16 hours from start to finish. I would like to thank Larry (ccapt) and my brother Steve (beam3er) for helping me with the process. Larry helped me break down the 75g from his cousin, who I purchased it from, and my brother helped me set it all up. :bowdown:

Picture029-6.jpg

Picture021-4.jpg

Picture041-5.jpg

Picture031-4.jpg

Picture032-6.jpg

Picture033-5.jpg

The LR that came with the tank. Its probably around 70lbs, but is covered in algae. I'll keep it in the container for a good month until all the algae is dead.

Picture038-7.jpg

Picture037-6.jpg

Finally got my LR from the 29g and all the corals put in the tank around 1:30AM. It's not pretty, but it was late and I wanted to get it done.

Picture046-4.jpg

Picture049-6.jpg

My old 10g fuge I'll be using until I build a new one this weekend.

Picture048-5.jpg

Pics from this morning after all the junk settled.

Picture051-6.jpg

Picture050-5.jpg

Some new corals I got on Saturday at the frag swap.

LE Flame Thrower Zoos
Picture003-2.jpg

Left to Right: Palmer's Blue Mille, Acro Saramentosa, Purple Death Paly, Tyree Plum Crazy and unknown freebie SPS

Picture006-5.jpg

Picture007-6.jpg

Picture007-6.jpg

Picture025-5.jpg

Picture026-7.jpg

Dave, awesome looking setup, now you have more room to add more stuff, lol. Hey, what is that behind the Purple Death Palys? It looks awesome, love that polyp extention.

Awesome,congrats Hiker!The frags as usual makes me jealous as hell.

Cool,a Life Reef box,hopefully they are as reliable as everyone makes them out to be.The tiny sump looks like it would overflow if power was cut.maybe

Awesome,congrats Hiker!The frags as usual makes me jealous as hell.

Cool,a Life Reef box,hopefully they are as reliable as everyone makes them out to be.The tiny sump looks like it would overflow if power was cut.maybe

Yeah, I think it will overflow. Today we're getting a really bad rain storm. I hope it doesn't overflow on me. I'll be screwed. I only have that 10g set up until I build the new one this weekend.

So I went home on lunch to check and see if the fuge overflowed due to a power outage. Lucky for me the powere didn't go out and I'm in the clear.

Just a few pics of existing corals that I took last night. The Superman Monti is starting to get some great color.

When I first got it:

Picture034-4.jpg

Last night:

Picture052-5.jpg

Green Porites getting some nice growth.

Picture059-3.jpg

Picture061-3.jpg

Sure thing Larry. Its grown quite a bit since I first got it, but its mainly encrusting. Its starting to push up more sprouts. Once they grow just a little taller I'll cut one off and let it start growing for you. I don't want to give you such a small frag that you can barely see.

Back