Host anemone for Percula Clowns

bluedeuce

Reefing newb
What would anyone reconmend for a host anemone for a pair of Percula Clowns? Also what type of Starfish is best for a Reef Tank?:sfish:

I think the best host anemone for percs is a carpet but there also one of the hardest ones to care for. I would just go with a bta. Remember not all clowns will host or they might just take awhile so if they dont host dont be too disapointed.

I would also say bubble tip. And King got lucky with his chocolate chip starfish, the majority of them are not reef safe and will eat your corals. So if you really really want one, you can try one, but I wouldn't recommend it. I'd recommend a brittle star or serpent star.

If possible.. buy your clown and anemone together.... if you buy one that has already bonded with it's host.. there is a much better change of it staying bonded in your tank.

I have a chacolate chip star and green brittle, which have been good and done fine in my reef. I would not recomend the chacolate chip because they are known to eat corals. I would stick with brittle or serpent.

Back