Hosting

Great additions! You should keep the kenya tree rock away from everything else in your tank, that will make them easier to control. The mushrooms are gorgeous!

Thanks! I'm psyched! There's a commercial on air for Walmart, I think, that talks about the thrill of knowing you saved money......yeah, it's like that.... WOOT WOOT!

Those are some great additions Andysgirl.And you cant beat the price.

Wont be long until you'll be beggin other reefers to take some of those kenya weed,,,ooopppssss I meant tress off your hands:D

Sorry -- it is normal for them to stay closed. In fact, leathers usually close up on a regular basis because they slough their outer coat. It should shape up in a few days.

What does host mean ? :(

"Hosting" is the term used to describe the way a clown sits or swims around in an anemone. Clowns do not host exclusively in anemones (not really a coral). They will sometimes host in all sorts of different corals. They will host against powerheads, inside flower pots or other cavernous objects they may find in the tank. They been sighted hosting against large empty shells in the aquarium.

IMO................ clowns ain't the brightest bag of scales in the tank. My clown hosts in my lime green palys.

Attachments

• PIC_0001.JPG
    PIC_0001.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Mine used to host a powerhead, but now he lives in a cave with his blood shrimp buddy and is very happy! He only comes out to eat, and never bothers anyone. Very well behaved.

If yours isn't hosting anything, try moving things around a bit, the change of scenery might make the fish change its mind.

So...the leather toadstool still hasn't opened up, I know it is still alive because I moved it to a higher flow area and it turned its face away from the flow (so I moved it away a little bit). It's now about middle of my tank, in medium flow. Have had it for a full week now and it still hasn't opened. Should I start to worry yet?

There's not much you can do. I'd put it in low flow and low/medium light. When it's ready, it will open up and start reaching for the light.

Obviously as soon as it starts looking dead - yank it out and toss it. You don't want that thing to die and poison the tank.

But you know it's still alive - so I'd just wait it out. You can't force it to open up and be happy so make sure you keep up on your water changes and just wait.

I've got a small leather that stayed closed for a full 4 weeks after I added it to my tank.
Normally when you bring a leather home,the stress of the move will cause them to start molting.More flow helps speed the process along.
So just give it some time.It'll eventually open up.

Back