How big are flatworms

little_fish

How big are flatworms. I have some miniscule flatworm looking things on my glass, around 1 mm in size. I dont see them anywhere else but the glass.

They can be very small or very large. 1 mm sounds to be on the small end, but definitely possible for flatworms. What color are they?

Well you just described a flatworm for freshwater, dont know if it is the same with saltwater? Normally come round if your overfeeding or ammonia spike i believe.

Edit:
Dcantucson beat me! :D

They usually also are rounded on one end with two little points on the other. Are they moving around?

The ones that I had in my tank were around 1/4" long

Yep, they have that same shape. I didnt really see them moving around much. I only saw 2 on the glass, none on the rock. But im going to nip this in the bud tomorrow.

i think they only come as hitchhikers, because none of the flatworm threads that we have had on here mention that issue before having them, and i have not had those issues either.

They do come as hitch hikers, but something in your system has allowed their population to grow to the point where you can see them.

Welcome to the infected club! So far I've tried 3 Flatworm Exit doses (followed instructions perfectly) and they've always come back. At this point, I'm just going to keep sucking them out and hope they eventually just die off. The addition of the algae scrubber hopefully will hopefully help get rid of excess nutrients in my tank as well.

I had/have flatworms... they come in all sizes. I bought a yellow wrasse and he eats them... if they get out of control I take a normal air tube and spend a little tome sucking them off the glass into a bucket. the only real time that I can say honestly correlates to a boom in population is in relation to how much I feed/overfeed. BTW none of the flatworm exit chemicals worked at all. just shore up feeding and suck them out

one other thing is that they seem to hang out on the glass in front of my powerheads so it appears at least in my tank I can attract them to a smaller area for management if needed

Well i used flat worm exit, and it did kill some of the flatworms. I dont have any way of telling if i got all of them, but i hope i did.

it is of vital importance to try to remove their dead corpses ASAP due to the toxicity their dead bodies will release into your water

Yes, i also ran some carbon. My shrimp look a little shocky, but i hope they are going to make it. I removed all the ones that i saw and did a large water change.

Back