How can I get my clowns to get along?

bobby

I like to do bad things.
I had 2 false perculas and they got along great, however, one was murdered by the powerhead, so I bought a new one to replace the old one and now the old one wont stop picking on the new one. Besides doing the old tricks of moving stuff around or taking out the old one for a while, does anybody have anymore suggestions? If the tricks dont work and they still fight, should I take the new one to the store or wait it out?

I'd try waiting it out for a little bit. I don't know, I've never had fighting fish before... But with my cats, once one establishes dominance and the other two know it, they will back down. YEAH I KNOW, that's probably irrelevant.

I agree let it be if the new one is not being beat up too bad, lesions, fins niped, etc. Once dominance is established things should settle down. Some times it never stops, especially if the one lost was a mate. Give it at least a month if the new additions is being damaged. if you must exchange and want to have more of a chance of success trade in the old one and start over with two new. Just my thoughts. oh and by the way one should be larger than the other. if the old one was the the larger then the new should be smaller, if the old one was the smaller then the new one should be larger. if the new one is the same size as the old one they will posture for dominance. hope something here helps.

Pretty good still a very litlle bit of chasing but no biting. The little one is starting to swim close to the big one now. :^:

Very, very, good news to hear my big one is finally swimming over to the little one without running him thang god he is so pretty compared to her he has the traditional maroon colors and thick black outlines on his fins.

Ya I just wanted to yell at mine "YOU TWO BETTER GET ALONG OR ELSE" Good thing I didnt my wife would still be laughing at me.

I talk to mine often and jermpool has went as far as disciplining his, ask him about him getting mad at the puffer for running one of his other fish he calmly stuck his hand in the water and thumped the puffer right on the dome.

Well things have changed the little one started picking on the big one. Yesterday I took out the coral the big one was hosting and all was fine, however when I got home the big one was sick with ich. I think it stressed him out when I took away his home and he got ich. Well hes in fish heaven now, died this afternoon. None of the other fish got it, and are looking good and doing great.

Well I hate to hear that but Im glad the rest of them are ok it sux but you know as well as the rest of us thats what happens in this hobby. My suggestion if you get another make it the opposite either get the largest you can find or the smallest.

Thanks guys and gals. That one was my favorite too, he had a very different coloration and ate out of my hand.

Well the thing is I didnt have to train him since day one hes been curios and ate out of my hand never hid or ran off I loved that little guy.

I know bobby but at least you havent had him for years on end that would have been harder. And at least now he is in that big ocean in the sky.

Back