:( how do i feed my hawkfish..

Is the problem because the current is carrying the food away or because other fish are eating it before he gets to it?

If the current is carrying it away, try turning off thepumps for a few minute.

If it is other fish, try feeding the other fish then when the hawkfish comes out, place some food right in front of him. The other fish will be busy eating and not really bother the hawkfish

Brian

I never seen a hawkfish with that problem before.The ones at the store get fired up and usually beat the other fish to the food.
But Bj has the right idea to get food to the lil guy.

no he doesnt hide at all hes like sitting on stuff, i threw in some bloodworms the day befor, he looked at them didnt really move. i threw in some brine shrimp an he was like looking with his eyeballs:shock:, then it looked like he was tryna get some. iono what he likes what do they love? every other fish is eating fine. hes new hes been in the tank 3 days now

I usually can get hawks to eat mysis shrimp they like chunkier stuff, once you get him use to eating he will probably adapt to what you usually feed.

Longnose hawks must be different from flames,because my flame is the first to get food.He loves shrimp and scallops the most.He will also eat flakes ,pellets, mysis and squid.I sometimes need to feed my others again because he gulps it all up before it can even sink half way down.

today is feeding day, i will try some mysis an cut all pumps off that way they can just get the food easier. wish me luck!:frustrat:

yes sir, okok i bought some diffrent kind of mysis shrimp but they only had the babymysis like minimysis and it ate i guess he got really hungry
but i notice he only goes for huge pieces, so im going back next week they should have the normal sized mysis shrimp for him. :D it ate. everyone is eating now :bounce::bounce:

Back