how do you dose cal and alk?

I do a water change every week or two. I find my calcium and alk levels stay in a good range from that alone. I use Kent Liquid Reactor to add calcium when I need to.

When I do dose( which is hardly ever anymore ). I use Kents Turbo Calcium ( Dont cost me anything at the LFS ). I use Baked baking soda for alkalinity.

so it seems people like 2 part method much better.

I use kalk now but can never get it to stay right. it still seems like I have to add more of something at the end of the week.

I use dow for ca and am going to make the switch to baked baking soda for alk. and dose daily.
hopefully this will work well

yote...how do you not dose? does your parameters change? or do you run a calcium reactor?

Well,I actually used to dose daily.But I was also keeping my alkalinity and calcium a lot higher than I do now.
Then I figured out that my tank does better if I dont tinker with it so much.OH I still run my tests about every other day,just dont have to dose as much.
If I do a 12 gallon waterchange every 8 days with SeaChem Reef salt,my parameters stay stable.:D

10% every 8 days... and you have coraline growing everywhere and parameters ate stable...I think I'm trying to hard Haha.

Doesn't that get expensive hiker? You could save a lot by using baking soda and Dow for swimming pools. Just a thought.
I just think brighter is overpriced. But the bottles are pretty :)

Doesn't that get expensive hiker? You could save a lot by using baking soda and Dow for swimming pools. Just a thought.
I just think brighter is overpriced. But the bottles are pretty :)

So far its been really cheap for me. I only dose 7.5ml of each per day. I bought the 1qt bottles about 3 months ago and I'm still not empty yet. I did buy the 1 gallon refills which was $25. So I think for the ease of it and only using about 1 gallon per year it is fine for me.

Back