How fast do snow storms kill?

I dont know that it actually does kill anything.
Sure,it throws the chemistry outta whack,which can be stressful.But I dont think that it causes corals to die.

I guess it would depend on how much got into the coral. I use a pasty kalkwasser mixture to kill nussance things like aiptasia.

I don't know why I bother posting these informative links, since it seems like you don't take the time to read them. All your answers are there. In your other thread, you talk about low alk and now a snow storm. If you read the articles, you would have learned the precipitation event (snow storm) in your tank was caused by an imbalance in your alk/ca/mag ratio and the carbonates precipitated out of solution and dropped your alk.

A snow storm will not kill anything. Do nothing. Let everything settle (clear up) for a day or 2 then test your alk and bump it back up with baking soda.

What is that Precipitate in My Reef Aquarium?

I don't know why I bother posting these informative links, since it seems like you don't take the time to read them. All your answers are there. In your other thread, you talk about low alk and now a snow storm. If you read the articles, you would have learned the precipitation event (snow storm) in your tank was caused by an imbalance in your alk/ca/mag ratio and the carbonates precipitated out of solution and dropped your alk.

A snow storm will not kill anything. Do nothing. Let everything settle (clear up) for a day or 2 then test your alk and bump it back up with baking soda.

What is that Precipitate in My Reef Aquarium?

well i will thank you for these articles they are very informative so thanks for posting them.

i would work on ensuring precipitation never occurs rather than trying to figure out how terrible it will be when it happens....

i think i've pretty much agreed with every cccapt post on water chemistry. keep up the great work and link posting!

Back