How is my refugium looking??

JohnnyDanger

Reefing newb
Hey guys!! My tank is 3 months old now and coming along great.. My water parameters are all normal.. My tank has 1 reef chromis, two 1 inch clowns, and a small red tail flasher wrasse.. I'm just wondering if everything looks good in my refugium so far.. There seems to be alot of algae growing on the walls but I did a 23 gallon water change this week so hopefully some of it will die off.. I have a 6500k bulb that is about to be replaced with a new one.. My system is a 55 gallon main tank with a 20 gallon long refugium.. Please let me know if there's anything noticeably wrong or something that i need to change!! Thank guys..

photo.jpg

414.jpg

123.jpg

1.jpg

Do you have any cuc in the fuge? I have a couple of turbos, some hermits and asteria snails. keeps it cleaner...

Mine go all over the sump...added some rubble in the other sections so they can get back in

I'd add more LR as you can fit it into your budget, and in small increments. Maybe double.. in my opinion.

Your sump and or refuge count as tank gallons and as I have learned you want more than 1 pound of LR per gallon.

EDIT: plus. that is a great place to mount up LR volume without clogging up too much real estate in your display tank.

Last edited:
Back