How long?

wolfie357

Reefing newb
Hello fellow reefers,

So thanks to everyone for the info on exterminating the aiptasia from my tank. Peppermints, and a Copperbanded Butterfly are going to be the team. I found a good lfs that will "lease" the butterfly so I can bring him back after the aiptasia can no longer support his nutritional needs. I do have one question about the shrimp. I know it varies but does anyone know ballpark figure, about how long they live. I know its not too long but I'm going to sinc. up with the store and they are going to get them to me as soon as the shipment comes in. Thank you, wolfie from orlando:helm2:

Depends on how old they are when you add them.:D
I've seen em just live 4 or 4 months and I've seen em last a couple of years.Pretty good range there.

+1 Yote. Shrimp are very hit or miss. I've had some for weeks, and others for years. I don't know why there's such a huge difference.

Maybe because when they catch them, they don't really know the shrimps true age. Could be at the end of its life cycle or toward the beginning. Just a thought.

I have a skunk cleaner now for over 3 years.A fire shrimp about 1-1/2 years and my 5 sexy shrimps are still going from over two years ago.

Back