How many holes in 125?

jermpool

NAAO President
How many holes should I have drilled in my 125? I was thinking 1 on each end and 2 in the middle. Using 1 1/2" bulkhead.

When I drill my tank, I'm only going to do one hole for the outflow, and the return is going to come over the top.

I'm running my return over the top but I was thinking the more outs I have the more control and options (as far as amount) I have on my waterflow.

True the more holes or bigger holes the bigger pump you can use. Just a guess, I would say 2 1 1/2 inch holes should give you plenty of flow.

a single 1 1/2" Drain should be good on the 125. drains aprox 1200gph. what kind of return pump are you going to be using. the pump will determine the amount of water that will drain.

Don't know about type but going to start with approx. 1200 gph, then add another one later on to get at least 2400 gph.

For 2400 gal of flow and return I agree with your initial though of one on each end and 1 in the center. This will give you definitely plenty to do as you like for returns. With this kind of turnover you should not need any pumps inside the tank but you will have to make sure your returns to the sump do not restrict flow down.

Back