how many in a 55?

Sharkie

The Damsel Defender
Okay so, this week I AM getting a tank. I need to because I've negelected my fish too long... so I've been saving and saving and i got my paycheck for work so I can go get me a basic setup.

I was wondering with the current list of fish I had what else I could add... this is what I currently have (between the 10 and my 20 and my sisters 10):

3 1" damsels
a 1" clown and a 2" clown
Kona ~ about 15"
Kaluha 5"
1 urchin.

Is that too much for a 55? if not would it be possible to add a small baby tang (who would be going ot the LFS as soon as it was too big) or maybe a dwarf angel or a baby bannerfish and a mandrin and a few cleaner shrimp? I'm not sure the stocking limit of a 55... I'd also love to get a small warpaint goby but don't wanna over stock this new tank

okay scracth that... make it a 75 gallon! :DDDD Hopefully picking it up tonight! the guy at the LFS and my mom worked out an awesome deal :D getting bigger than I thought!!

75 instead of a 55? You are very lucky! Can't wait to see the pics! I know you are going to do an amazing job with this new tank! I love your tanks!

well, my mom went to the LFS to just see what a 55 would cost me and Ted the owner said becuase I'm always in there and because he likes me and my mom he wants to help her out since its basically becoming her tank. So my sister is getting my 20 for her damsel and then kaluha will stay in there until hes quite a bit bigger (i'd lose him in a 75) and he said he would help me get everything for under $200! tank, stand, lid, lights (just basic for now but i still have my coralife which i'll be having to build some rocks up for the 2 corals i've got left).. just need a heater and a few powerheads and i'm set :D woo!

aww thanks Leslee! I'm excited, and i'm gonna teach mom how to set this one up adn i've had her been reading the "saltwater aquariums for dummies" book so she gets a bit of knowledge on what shes going to be getting herself into xD shes the one who suggested getting bigger so she can have a dory :p

Very cool sharkie, Can't wait to see the build thread. And now you can definitely add fish to your stocking list

Go Sharkie!!! Sounds great. Hows the Mouse? I heard he's not so loveable in the corporate office, lol.

Seabee, not there yet! got 2 1/2 months left :) I go in august

Reef, Kona is a snowflake eel (his full name is Malo Kelekona which is hawaiian for sea dragon) and Kaluha is a barred eel :)

Back