• 40% Per Week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40% Per Month

• 50% Per Week

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I do 5g once a month on my 46g...just my 2 cents. Diff prevents work for diff ppl. I just keep a eye on my params and do a change accordingly

Water change? Whats that? The only time I have done one is when I had to deal with the flatworms. Thats what I love about algae scrubbers.

Water change? Whats that? The only time I have done one is when I had to deal with the flatworms. Thats what I love about algae scrubbers.

Waterchanges are also used to replenish trace minerals and keep calc and alk stable not just remove nitrates.

So if you arent doing any water changes, you are most likely lacking in those things unless you are dosing to replenish them.

I have been doing 20% each week because of algae problems. I have been at it about 3 weeks now and algae is better but still present.

I've been doing a 50% once a month for the last year or two and my tank has never been the worse for it. If you do a 50% however you must match the temp and salinity precisely! Of course a 50% is easier when you have a little 29G.

i use to do 20% every week but now with my job that is impossible so i do about 50% a month 15 days apart from each other

Back