How many?

RyanG

Reef enthusiast
How many photos do you take during a session and how many to find to be relatively useable? It seems like for every 10-15 photos I take I end up with one useable shot. I get sort of discouraged but when I first started it was at least double that number.

When I take picures and let loose with the shutter I can shoot upwards of 300, about 5-10 I like. Thats the beauty of this digital world, it doesnt matter.

Hmm ok I must be weird if I take 10 pics then usually all of them end up getting posted. I think since my wifes new camera came in I have taken maybe 100 pics and I have posted at least 90 of them. The only ones I end up trashing are shots where a fish decided to suddenly dart or my hand shakes.

OK first off I really have no life... I take cards of photos each card holds about 400 pics I keep on AVG 1 out of 10. Its getting fewer and fewer. When I was shooting film (not my fish tank) on a roll of 36 I MAYBE would get 7-10 and that is being a lot more selective on what I took pics of.

Seems like 1/10/1/20 for me... depending on what im shooting. some things will be 5-7/10 but thats if im really lucky and NOT shooting my tank haha.

I would go hog wild but loading raw images in lightroom on a extremely slow laptop takes an eternity and I would never get anything done..... damn i cant wait for a new computer. whenever that will be.

I take a gazillion and I can usually find something in each shot that I like but I've got to crop almost all of my shots.

C

I just downloaded 400 pics that I took, and only 15 were usable imo, and only about 3 were really awesome. none of these were of my tank.. I can't figure how to take pics of the tank, yet.

Back