How to catch a goby?

I just picked up a diamond watchman goby yesterday and i didnt realize the amount of sand it kicks up. How do i catch this guy? I dont think i really want him anymore :( its doing its job but might be to much for my tank. Thoughts?

Really you dont like the lil fella? I love my Watchman. I only managed to move my Watchman from the 32 to 125 because I took all the rocks out. Haha, they are pretty good escape artists.

It looks really nice with great coloration and does a great job in sifting but sand is floating every where. Is that normal and will it settle or im just over worried about the getting stired up onto the rocks, corals, and filter

You mean you have sand floating around? What quality is your sand? Like sugar sand? Also, powerheads. But it could just be crud that has been worked up, and he is just kicking it up, if so, it will die down. never had that issue with mine, even with sugar sand and lots of powerheads.

After time, he would have sifted all the crap out the sand and It won't cloud the tank anymore. And the two ways to get it out is to remove all your rocks, or leave the lid off and wait for him to jump out. :)

When I first got my goby my tank was like that for a few days too. He just sifted and sifted and sifted like non stop at first. Also, had to move all the empty shells around. He settled after a few days and so did the cloudiness. He still sifts but not to the extreme that he was at first. I would give it some time because they ate really cool fish to watch.

Yeah there's grains of sand floating around. I have the Caribsea Arag Alive Fiji Pink and Hydor Koralia Evolution 1400. Don't get me wrong I think it's an ultra cool fish to watch and have since it's a functional little guy. I'm just worried about the amount of sand floating around and settling over the rocks (which has happened this morning) causing the levels in the tank to be thrown off, true/not-true? The rocks has a dust coating of sand over it. I guess there's no easy way in catching this guy...he's in there for good lol.

Also I think he's rearranging to make himself a home - literally moving sand from one end of the tank to the other end...pretty cool to watch.

Give it time (as long as he's not spitting sand onto the corals). Mine was cloudy for a week constantly....my skimmer skimmed like crazy. But after that week, my water stays crystal clear, and my sand is pristine.

going give it a shot and see how it goes...for now will use the turkey baster to blow off the sand on the rocks.

I have a few pieces of coral on the sand bed but will keep a close eye on them.

thanks ALL for the input

Back