How to dose Cupramine

bur01014

Reefing newb
So I am confused about how to dose seachem's cupramine after a water change. The number of drop thing confuses me enough. I typically am doing 50% water changes (5 gallons) every other day during treatment. So how many drops do I need to add back into the tank after the new 5 gallons is in? Or even more helpful....how many ml, tsp. etc....? It took me forever to get the right .5ppm reading....now when i do a water change I am worried I won't be able to know how much to add to get that reading again....help!

Here is a clip from their website directions.

Directions
Remove all invertebrates. Turn off UV sterilizer; remove chemical filtration. If the bottle has a dropper cap, use 16 drops (1 mL) per 40 L (10.5 gallons*) the first day, wait 48 hours, then repeat. On non-dropper caps, each inner ring is 1 mL. tIn freshwater use half dose. Final copper concentration is 0.5 mg/L (0.25 mg/L in freshwater). Leave at this concentration for 14 days. Do not redose without testing (MultiTest: Copper™). Do not use in conjunction with any other medication. If tank has ever been treated with an ionic copper (e.g. copper chloride, sulfate or citrate), test copper level after initial dosing. Although most fish tolerate Cupramine™ to 0.8 mg/L, it is not advisable to exceed 0.6 mg/L copper. Remove with carbon or CupriSorb™.

My LFS told me not to do a water change during the 14 days... I only have a single fish left in QT and the water params have been good for a little over a week. I did lose a pair of clowns during the first few days of Cuopramine treatment though, but I think they were stressed more than anything, not eating either.

Back