how to move mushrooms

JoeG

Reefing newb
i bought some green mushrooms from my LFS n they came on a rock i dont want them on that rock i want them on mine what should i do?

I tried to cut my one mushroom out of a rock and it turned into a massacre. I did not cut it cleanly and my single polyp disintegrated. At the time I thought "oh my God I killed it." Now I have about a dozen of them.

I used a razor blade and cut very close to the rock. It happened to end up with the tiniest bit of rock rubble still stuck on it so it made it easy to super glue but when you start touching them they get all slimy so its hard to handle them after a few minutes.

Can you not just put the rock they are on, on your rocks and give it time to fill out? My mushrooms are growing really fast so before long I wont be able to even see the chunk of rock anymore.

yeah thats what my LFS told me to do so I'll just wait and see what happens i was hoping to have more freedom with placement instead just putting rock on top of rock lol

yeah thats what my LFS told me to do so I'll just wait and see what happens i was hoping to have more freedom with placement instead just putting rock on top of rock lol

Even if you accidentally split it or tear it, just keep all the pieces they will continue to grow into separate mushrooms. Good luck

so i did the ol razor blade and glue i got about half of them to stick n the others are floaters but im just gonna let them find the own spot n do their thing

Back