How's this fixture, please?

Coralife Lunar Aqualight High Output T5 Quad Lamp

This will be my first salt tank. Will this fixture serve me? Pros & cons? Alternatives? Thanks!

Oops, ought to have posted this to the Lighting forum. Sorry.

Last edited:
yeah. id think ud be able to keep whatever kinda corals u want. I don't have any experience with this fixture though.

nah not overkill. but if I were u I would switch out the bulbs. buy ati brand bulbs. instead of 2 white and 2 blues go with 1 white, 1 purple, and 2 different blues. your corals will thank u.

I agree it should be a decent light. Just because I am always looking to save a few bucks I like to pass on information to other people as well. I bought a 4 bulb t5 with built in timers for my tank. Its a knock off unit but have been running it for a while and I love it. Is about half the price as the one you are looking at. Here is a link Odyssea T5 Aquarium Lighting just for informational purposes.

I have the Coralife Lunar Aqualight High Output T5 Quad Lamp. I dont have it set up on my tank yet because the tank isn't set up yet. But it is very powerfull and i love it so far, I do wish it had a timer on it though :/

I agree it should be a decent light. Just because I am always looking to save a few bucks I like to pass on information to other people as well. I bought a 4 bulb t5 with built in timers for my tank. Its a knock off unit but have been running it for a while and I love it. Is about half the price as the one you are looking at. Here is a link Odyssea T5 Aquarium Lighting just for informational purposes.

I had this one also. worked out very well. I had no complaints about it.

Big. Up. Ted. :bounce:

Back