I am ready for LED`s.....

Homer

Reefing newb
So, I guess I have grown up and I am ready to get rid of my T5 and open my hearth to LED`s... I have read few threads, so I won`t repeat those questions about lumens, pars, wats etc..... I have more practical question, since I have never used LEDS for lighting.

Currently I have a 20 gallon marine aquarium, for whom I have ordered a 160 dollar LED fixture, so probably it won`t be good, but will do just fine till my new aquarium arrives (December 26th). My new aquarium is 120 gallon tank with a sump...

I want to know, how big led lighting system is required for it? Money is an issue, due to the reason, that I have other hobby - motorcycles.

I live in Europe, Netherlands, Amstedam - and now I am checking German webshops and Ebay,but there are so many different kinds, like:

LED aquarium fixture 24x3W 11.8"x6.7" 72Watts SALTWATER REEF LIGHTING | eBay

Key LED - Key K3 LED24Wide Plus vind u bij Aquareus.nl - Online zee aquarium shop - Aquareus.nl

and so on...

The question is simple.

You guys know better, just give me a link and I will buy it, I trust You :)

Requirments:

Budget class, 90 - 120 gallons, LEDS, good for corals.. That`s it

I do apologize for my spelling mistakes, but English is not my native language, and I appreciate all the help You can give :)

Thank You in Advance. :)

Welcome to the forum. Don't worry about your English, I understood your post better than some that speak English as a first language :mrgreen:

I am currently also looking at LEDs. I have read great reviews of Kessil lights. They aren't the cheapest, but they also aren't the most expensive. Also not sure which would be better for your tank. The 150, 350, or the 350W. You will most likely need two or three of what ever you decide on since these are pendant lights.

Kessil Lighting- The Spectral Revolution

Welcome to the forum. Don't worry about your English, I understood your post better than some that speak English as a first language :mrgreen:

I am currently also looking at LEDs. I have read great reviews of Kessil lights. They aren't the cheapest, but they also aren't the most expensive. Also not sure which would be better for your tank. The 150, 350, or the 350W. You will most likely need two or three of what ever you decide on since these are pendant lights.

Kessil Lighting- The Spectral Revolution

Thank YOu for the suggestion, didn`t even know that this kind of lighting exsisted, looks pretty awesome. And the price is very good... I will wait for one more suggestion and then make my move.

Need to watch some youtube videos about kessi lighting, so i can know more about its functions. I am guessing, I would need one kessi in blue and one in white?

From my research, the 350 and the 350W have two dim-able channels. The 150 you need to decide on the color you want. They are not dim-able. I would also get the same color so each half of the tank would match. If you got one white and one blue, your tank would be split down the middle with the colors.

Pendant lights usually cover a 2ftx2ft area. So if your tank is 4 ft long, you will need 2 and if your tank is 6ft long, you will need 3.

There are also lots of other options for LEDs. IMO, it is one of the most confusing lighting options because it is reletively new, and the knowledge base isn't as vast.

i don`t have curly fuge... But I do have led fixture, with 300 lumens (but don`t know the important thing -pAR ) :(

She is talking about the florescent lamps that replace standard lamps in a light. They should have a color temp on them. Get one that is in the 6500K range.

They look like this
%7BD58DF5D5-7192-493A-8F73-E6AA086911DD%7D.JPG

You can get a clip on holder for cheap at a hardware store.

She is talking about the florescent lamps that replace standard lamps in a light. They should have a color temp on them. Get one that is in the 6500K range.

They look like this
%7BD58DF5D5-7192-493A-8F73-E6AA086911DD%7D.JPG

You can get a clip on holder for cheap at a hardware store.

know them... but I am asking... would the led fixture do the same job?

know them... but I am asking... would the led fixture do the same job?

Yes the LED fixture will work out just great on the refugium.
It is just that it would seem overkill to use a decent LED fixture for a refugium when a regular light bulb that costs $0.75 would do the same job :)

Back