I am starting to sense this is like an AA meeting!

jr7168

Artic Reefer!
Hello everyone!

Hello JR

I'm an addict. i'm new and completely hooked

pause..... (applause)

Smiles and sits down!

Littlefish be like okay who next?

Hi! I'm chichi! I'm an addict. I spend hours daily searching the forum for useful tips and strategies, wander retail sites looking at pretty corals and dream about aquariums when I sleep. :regular_w

Hi, I'm Brian, every one calls me BJ, or Beeg.
I often sit and pretend my tank is bigger than it really is. Then get saddened when I realize it isn't.

Hi, my name is Smitty...and I'd rather spend all my money on my tank instead of gas and food, and be forced to eat pb&j sandwiches for dinner.

My name is Natascha and I'm a fish-o-holic.

I have four salt tanks and three freshies and I'm in the process of setting up a 1000 litres twin system, so I'm broke...

And this morning when I woke up I told my husband my new idea - a house near the beach so we could build an off shore reef that was serviced by the surf (no more water changes) and I could swim with my wetpets. He pointed out my clownfish bites me whenever she gets the chance... and asked if I liked sharks.

I inherited the disease so I just do the only sensible thing and feed the addiction. True story: My father kept/keeps saltwater tanks and has since the early 70's. I came home one friday when I was in college to find him emptying out the the in-ground pool we had. (seriously) He wanted to fill it full of saltwater, build a canopy for it, and put a hammerhead shark in the pool. It took a good few days to convince him otherwise. He has an entire building now which me and my sisters have built him. His own personal fish store. He loves it and he's in his mid 80's so It's great to see him and his mind still going strong. Just a factoid. It doesn't go away with age. It gets WORSE. He called me yesterday about possibly building onto the current building.

Hello, I'm Matthew I to am an addict. it's just so much funny just can't get away. but here's a pic I saw.
e1c281f6.jpg

I totally sit and record every cute thing my fish do :D I recently recorded my lawnmower blenny chasing and nibbling a stray piece of algae sheet like a dog plays with a ball...and I sat thinking "Hmm...I could totally make this like that dancing plastic bag scene in American Beauty...." :mrgreen:

My name is Ben... I used to only be addicted to freshwater tanks, then I found a love for saltwater... Now I spend most of my days off staring at a 40 gallon box... I refuse to admit I need help!!! :Cheers:

Welcome. the first step for all of us is to simply understand you are not a victim...your in control of your addiction (pbshhhhh) and we are here together. @cheers!

My name is Jake, I'm constantly shopping for my tanks. I'm most definetly an addict. I know every guy In 3 LFS's by name! I am constantly giving up a nice tshirts, for a piece of coral, and because of this I'm 17 and broke. In fact I just got a job, for the sole reason of fueling my addiction! :D

I'm Brittany and I am a hopeless reef junky. I spend money on my tanks before I even get it in my pocket. I'm online a few hrs a day talking to people about my/their tanks and researching about corals and fish. I check on my tanks about 100 times a day. I have two salt and one fresh tank. All you here when you come into my small house is the water trickling from aquariums lol all my fish have names and personalities. I call them my children...need I go on? I'm beyond addicted!

Back