I Did It

Nemo10

www.facebook.com/mupulo
Ok i just upgraded my lights to Mh 250w x2 with 6 LEDs. the reason i did this is to get coral in my tank. My question is what coral should i start with and how long should i wait as my tank has only been up for 6 months. Should i wait a bit longer concidering i just added a 30g sump to the 75g DT?

As long as your parameters are staying stable,I'd say go for it.
Start with something like zoanthids,leathers.About any of the soft corals.Maybe some LPS. I would wait a bit before starting with SPS though.
And remember to acclimate all new corals to your lights.I generally like to start em off on the sand,kinda in the shade and then work them up to finial stop over a couple of weeks.

What is LPS? im a complete Newb to coral im getting the hang of FOWLR but the whole reason i started is to be like YOU :).... So you can actually move the coral?

LPS stands for Large Polyp Stony corals.:D Things like frogspawn,torch,hammers,acans.
And yeah,you can move the corals as long as their not glued down or epoxyed to the rock.

It's not too early to start with corals! The hardier corals are easier to keep than fish, IMO. Mushrooms, leathers and zoanthids are all good choices, as Yote mentioned. As for LPS, torches, hammers, frogspawns, bubble corals, blastos and duncans are all easy too. Candy canes are pretty much bullet proof.

Back