I dont know which skimmer to get!!

Teixeira29

Live Rock Fish only
I was looking at Octopus Skimmers and i am having trouble picking one because there are so many to choose from. I want one that can go under the stand. I dont want one that hangs from the tank because i dont think i have enough room for it!!Any suggestions?

Do you have a sump? If you don't, you will either have to get one that hangs off the back of your tank, or you will have to build a sump.

No i dont have a sump this is a picture of my tank, its the magazine photo!!!!

digimarc.ms

If you don't have a sump, then you can't get one that sits underneath the tank. Octopus has recirculating skimmers, which uses a pump to remove the water from the tank and then put it back, but the skimmer has to be around the same level of the tank, and even their smallest recirculating skimmer model would be too large for your tank (the pump itself would take up a huge amount of space in your tank, and is so strong it'd probably suck up every fish in your tank -- I know, I have an Octopus recirc skimmer).

Unless you build a sump, your only choice is to buy one that hangs on the back.

if you dont have a sump then a skimmer under your tank will only sit there, you either will need to get a sump and plumb it to your tank or you will need a hang on the back skimmer

Back