I got a FREE 29 gal tank

BigH55

I'm that guy
Im going to set up another system and want some opinions on which way i should go with it. Here is the equipent I will be using. Also, should I drill it in the back of the tank or drill the bottom and make it RR. Heres the stuff I got:

29 gal Tank
CSS 125
20 gal sump
Mag 2 return pump
koralia powerheads all sizes
250 watt MH fixture with Pheonix 14K bulb and 96 watt actinics
Custom built stand and canopy by me.
I will also be putting in about 50# of live rock.

I can decide if i want to go bare bottom or do the sand thing yet. Gimme you two cents on this.

Depends on your stand and the rest of your set-up. But to me the less on or coming out of your tank the better. My Zero Edge goes straight down through the stand to the sump. Nice and clean. I don't think it's a question if you have a choice. Why have extra plumbing?

might do that, I think ill have to make the return pipe bigger though, since it seems to slow the flow quite a bit when it gies through a 90 degree bend.

might do that, I think ill have to make the return pipe bigger though, since it seems to slow the flow quite a bit when it gies through a 90 degree bend.

Instead of using one 90* Use 2-45s.Less restriction,so less head loss.

MODS must have laid the smack down:chair: you went from Vegas Showgirls to the drawer under the phone in the Holiday Inn!

It was something about What if a child saw it. How many children out there are taking care of reef tanks? and typing on forum about them. It takes years to turn into us nerds. :)

It was something about What if a child saw it. How many children out there are taking care of reef tanks? and typing on forum about them. It takes years to turn into us nerds. :)
Ya we cant have the kiddos seeing that it might take them away from all those violent video games and get them interested in girls. :censored:

Back