I Think I Have An Asterina :(

KarenJax

Certified Master Stylist
I was walking by the tank, glanced at it. Did a double take. THIS was on my zoas

c1723392.jpg

Is it an asterina?

Yes, it's an asterina star....whether they're harmful has been debated...I've never had an issue with them eating my coraline...but others swear they do...Just pick him out. No big deal.

I wonder where he came from. Huh. I haven't bought anything new in a while. Oh well. Next time I see him I'll pluck him out

get him out now man... god forbid, you will be picking them out for the next 99999999999 months!!!!

EDIT: I mean girl!

I have issues with them as well as several other people here on the site. It's definitely a debated issue as to whether they're actually bad or not. They multiply really quickly so be careful with them.

Mine are all wiped out, thanks to the addition of 2 Harliquin Shrimp. They multiple like an STD in a Thai Whorehouse, they will eat coraline, and will eat zoas as a last resort if there is no other food source available to them.

Mine are all wiped out, thanks to the addition of 2 Harliquin Shrimp. They multiple like an STD in a Thai Whorehouse, they will eat coraline, and will eat zoas as a last resort if there is no other food source available to them.

:shock: They told me it was a restaurant........... :grumble:

Back