I think the anemone's almost dead....

Marklyall87

Reefing newb
Well the inevitable has happened, after putting the anemone in last night I think it's started dieing, the tentacles have gone all long & trapserent, they look like smoke fixed to the anemone... Here's some pics....

e8ae2e63.jpg

d8ccc23c.jpg

How did you acclimate the anenome?

Those strings look like they are coming out of its mouth. It could just be :pooh:ing. Could just be shocked from the move.

I am just suggesting things since I dont have any experience with anenomes

my anenomies did the same thing once in a while. like you said bj they were pooping. They look like poop when they do it lol. dont take chances with anenomies though they can NUKE the whole tank if they die. i would move it to a QT like jmck said and see what happens. Make sure your levels are ok to really check the PH which if its low can kill inverts quick.

When it's pooping, the gunk will come out of its mouth, and its mouth only. Is the gunk coming off of it everywhere? If it's not just coming out of the mouth, try to get it out while you can. And next time, research before you buy, not after.

first anenome to try and easiest to keep is bubble tip anenome, they don't need much light my gbta always hide in shaded areas.

That kind of anenome (seabae) is not the hardiest of anenomes. It is a very difficult anenome. It does look mot good. It could foul up your tank if it gets too bad.

Yes like Yote is saying, it is pooping. If you move it again it will get stressed from all the moving. He is abit on the white side what lights do you have him under?

My bubbletip anemone does this sometimes, and mine is fine... It was very scarey the first time I saw this, but now I have more experience... My anemone sometimes also goes limp and loses the plumpness in its bubbles, and goes a dull brownish colour but it comes back to its nice white plumpness after a while. When I first got my anemone a few people on here told me it would die... and I was worried, but everything is fine with it and I am very happy I didn't take it back to the shop as was suggested. I am fairly new to saltwater aquarium keeping (7 months now) and the advice given can be from one extreme to the other, totally contradicting sometimes. it's a minefield!
Janet
janet

Back