Ich, garlic and Vitamin C

SeaBee

Ha Ha Thats Funny!
Blue Tang, Ich spots, I know the drill. He's eating real well but flashing on the rocks. When I was in the lfs today he told me to use vitamin C, I said I got him to eat garlic soaked pellets. What do you guys think, a hospital tank is not an option because he's eating and the last time I tried the h tank I think the stress alone killed the fish, that was my yellow Tang. Thanks again guys.:Cheers:

I think we all told you this would happen with a blue tang in a 55 gallon tank. Even if he does recover (and he does have a good chance of recovering), this is a problem that will keep happening because he will be stressed by having a too small tank to live in.

As long as he is eating, you've got a good shot of him coming back around. Ich will come and go in these fish -- they are very sickly and they need environments where stressed is minimized so they don't succumb to it. I think you're on the right track with the vitamins and the garlic, but like I said, I get the feeling this problem is going to keep coming back.

He's only about 3" and has like 100 places to hide and sleep.

Does the garlic and vitamins do anything good for these fish? The lfs guy gives vitamin c all the time he said.

The Garlic gets him to eat and combined with Vitamins helps him to be strong and healthy and able to fight of the parasites on his own.

I don't think a 3" fish is stressing out in a 55 gallon tank at this point, but Biff is right it will down the road causing more problems and will probably lead to death.

Time for an upgrade. :lol:

He looks better this morning, a little cloud in one eye, spots gone. He ate breakfast with the garlic and vitamin c. Hope he makes it.

Be sure to feed him sea veggies (algae sheet as well) Blue tangs as biff mentioned just get ich. I have 4 in my 850 that I have had for 5 years since they were 2" and I can look at them at any given time and see some spots on them.

You can also reduce your lights until he recovers this will keep stress levels down.

Back