ich or flukes...

Greenman

Reefing newb
I just recently got ahold of a yellow tang for the new 72g tank I'm setting up. Hes eating fine swimming around but it looks like he rolled in salt. What is the difference between ich and flukes

figures.... >< guess i'll try a fresh water dip.. dunno if i should bother him though because he's swimming alright and eating alright. The capture and dip may be unwanted stress.. Should I just use the garlic food method and let him fight it on his own?

I've tried so much to get rid of ich, nothing has ever worked. Unless u don't have coral or inverts then you can dose copper. Or dose cipper in ur qt tank. I would just let him fight it on his own. Most my fish get it when I bring them home and then it goes away on its own. Sometimes it kills them. When I qt I start my salt out low and raise it slowly. Over a two week period the. Ill transfer the fish after four if he looks fine.

Cleaner shrimp can help sometimes.

I do have coral so copper is outa the question. Darn ich magnet tangs... but hopefully he'll beat it! I'll name him Rocky and hook up my ipod to my tank playing Eye of the Tiger for some help.

Lol I actually stopped getting tangs after one wiped out my tank the last time. I had just fish and he looked fine in the qt. I switched him to the display and ich popped up again and killed all my fish!

Anyone ever heard or used a product called Stop Parasite. Its rediculasly expensive but i'm tempted to try it if the problem gets out of hand

Running your reef system fallow a couple months is the only proven method of ridding your display tank of ich.

Copper and hypo salinity in a hospital tank are the other two proven methods of getting rid of the parasite in fish.

Since your fish is swimming and eating, leaving it alone is probably the safest alternative unless you are willing to take the steps to eliminate the parasite from your reef.

There are very few of us on this site who QT everything, therefore most of us have ich in our tanks.

The trick is keeping your livestock stress free and feeding them a varied, healthy diet. If he's still eating and swimming around normally, leave him be and let him fight it off on his own.

So far so good. Looks like most of the spots are gone and he's eating like a champ. Looks like the ol tang is going to make it

Well sadly looks like he expired last night. My hermits went to town. Rest of my fish have no sign at all. Im not sure if he lasted long enough to really have the ich infest the tank. only had him 2 days. I'll give my tank a couple months and try again. Silly sensitive tangs ><

Back